Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil

All through my life I have had weight fluctuations - this has caused unwanted stretch marks on my thighs and on my "love handle" area. I know Clarins makes good body products, so decided to google around to see which body shaping/firming/stretch mark reducing product was the best. The Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil had good reviews - it promises on its website "100% pure plant extracts including Rosemary, Geranium and Mint — helps firm, tone and improve elasticity, smoothing the appearance of stretch marks". I purchased one bottle (Duty free!) and have used it every day for around 2 months, the bottle is nearly done now. The smell is quite soothing - almost like the aromatherapy oils. I use a small amount for each area of my body, and massage it in the way they recommend. Video to show how to do it: http://int.clarins.com/Tonic-Body-Treatment-Oil/C020101003,en,pd.html It is absorbed immediately by my skin and non greasy - after I rinse I still have the nice smell and my skin feels a lot smoother, the only thing I don't like is that you are supposed to rinse with "cool water" and that makes me cold so I just rinse off with warm water. I think over that time I noticed a little firmer, but no improvement on the stretch marks. I have stopped using it for 2 weeks (because I went on holiday) and definitely when I used it again it softened my skin. So my verdict is if you are looking for something that will make your skin soft this is the product - but not sure about the firming and stretch mark improving abilities of it. I have read that it has worked for a lot of pregnant moms - maybe you need to use it before you get stretch marks! My beautician has recommended the stretch mark control cream - next on my list to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment