Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Musee underarm hair removal package

I have always wanted to try out laser hair removal, but it is not cheap and i absolutely hate going to those beauty salons that try to force you to buy products. So, I have always avoided it.
Once in a while, I go look at the group buy coupon sites.  I have found deals that are usually for one or one and a half year unlimited hair removal.  I have asked my friend who has done laser hair removal before and she told me that you are supposed to only do it once every two months (depending on the strength of the light).  Most people feel that after going 6 times, their hair grows slower, become thinner but there is still hair.  Therefore, one year (6 sessions) is not enough.
Of course I could buy two coupons (allowing me to get 12 sessions), but none of my friends have tried the beauty/wax salons that are on the coupon site.  They are mostly not well heard of and are small companies - I don't feel too safe in their hands.  But most importantly, I hate the hard selling of products that those small companies do. One day, a friend recommended to me a Japanese company called "Musee".  She vowed that they do not do force you to buy products and they were also doing a special promotion for underarm hair removal.
This promotion allows you to have unlimited sessions over multiple years - until the hair on your underarms is totally gone.  All this for only HKD 555.  I was a little bit suspicious of whether they will hard sell their products, because if everyone bought this promotion wouldn't they lose money? But I trust my friend, and thought if I only brought my octopus card and cash I wouldn't have money to buy anything else.
The first time I went to Musee's center I got an evaluation form to fill out.  It asked questions like how I normally treat my underarm hair and the characteristics of my hair (for example thick or thin).  It also explained the gist of the hair removal process.  After handing in the form, a pretty beautician came out and explained the process in detail including the things to look out for according to what I filled out in the form.  She also explained how Musee's hair removal worked in accordance with the hair growth cycle.
And then I scheduled the first session, paid and got some free stuff (facial message package) - that's right, you don't actually get a session the first time you visit - their bookings are quite full so it was quite difficult to book a time.
If you would like to know how the whole hair removal process works, you can visit Musee's website ( http://www.musee-hk.asia/which gives a detailed explanation.  I have to point out though that Musee does not use the generic hair removal methods like other beauty salons (i.e. wax removal or IPL (intense pulsed light)).  They use a method called Smooth Skin Control Hair Removal.  This method beams the light on a special gel which helps to slow down the growth of your hair.
When they are removing the hair, it feels a little stingy.  The feeling is similar to being accidentally hit by a rubber band.
I have been to two sessions, and can say I am a happy customer so far and this is why~
They send out an SMS the day before to remind you of your appointment time and general things to look out for before/during hair removal.  Their beauticians are very attentive, and always have a smile on their face.  During the process she will also explain to you what she is doing.  After the session they ask you to fill out a customer satisfaction form so that they can improve on next time.
I almost forgot to mention, the best part is that they have never tried to force me to buy anything!
After the two sessions I can say my hair is growing slower and thinner, but I am far from completely hair free.  When I reach that goal I will be sure to let you guys know how many times it took me!
[English translation - original blog in Chinese]

No comments:

Post a Comment