Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Brush Kit

The main purpose we started Laucuz was to bring the wonderful Sigma brushes to you. Can’t believe we haven’t blogged about it yet! Lets first talk about the synthetic brush sets. Each brush’s bristle is really soft and small - when applying foundation, cream blush etc. it feels very smooth and thin. I think that foundation brushes are like toothbrushes, the smaller the bristles the easier it is to get in the cracks. Applying the same principle, if the foundation brush’s bristles are small, the density will be higher. This will help make pores look smaller. It doesn’t require too much skill either, just apply using circular motions. The first time I used the F82 round kabuki, my boyfriend asked me if I have changed foundation because my make up looked really great. (to him there are only days of “your make up looks nice today!” and “your make up looks a bit heavy!”, so when he says it looks great it really means something.)




On that day I used my cell phone to take the picture so the resolution is not that great. (I know I have dark eye circles!)

Honestly I think that the brushes are worth every penny. The only thing that’s not good is that it is quite hard to clean. I have to spend a bit of time to clean it properly. Let’s now talk about the brushes in the kit. F80 is a flat head kabuki brush. I like to use this brush to apply blush because my face has a large surface area. The flat head fits perfectly to my face.







My favourite in the kit is the F82 brush. It is the best for foundation! Because of the round head design, it can reach a lot of places that are hard to reach (like the nose), and also achieve a smooth natural look.



F84 is the angled kabuki, I usually use it for my cheekbones for contouring/blush. You can also use it for highlighting, but because I am part of the oily skin group I dont’t highlight my cheekbones.



Lastly is the F86, the tapered brush. I don’t use this brush as often but Sigma recommends it for highlighting. I don’t find it useful so Laucuz is not selling this brush at the moment.






I hope you enjoyed the introduction to the kabuki brushes, if you want to purchase you can contact us at laucuz@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment