Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

June favourite: Koji linebeat eyeliner

Eyeliner has been the focus of makeup looks these days, but many girls do not know how to pick the right eyeliner products at the very beginning. I acommpanied my friend, who is relatively new to makeup, to shop for eyeliner at Sasa recently. For me, I think a good eyeliner needs to have pigmented color, not easy to smudge, and it is best if it can be removed easily. Actually the last two criteria are not necessarily contradicting! What a shame that many eyeliner products can only achieve one of them. My friend also requested the eyeliner to be "easy to apply" (i.e. gel eyeliner isn't an option). With all these constraints, it wasn't easy to pick a good eyeliner for a beginner. Since my friend doesn't do makeup very often, it became a challenge to pick an eyeliner which does not cost her a fortune. In the end, we have found a new eyeliner by Koji - the koji linebeat eyeliner. It claims that the core of this eyeliner is gel. I tried it on my hand and rubbed it hard, and it stayed! As it seems to be a promising eyeliner, I bought two with my friend. It was only HK$98 after all. This eyeliner comes in two colors. The picture shows the sample color which I have got from Sasa's testers. The left one is black, while the right one is brown. After the crazy rubbing and being on my hand for the whole night, they still looked ok when I took this picture at home.



I bought a black one myself, and a brown one for my other friend.

This is a twist up eyeliner, not exactly a pencil. Quite handy if you ask me. BUT it is a one-way twist up design, you can't twist it down after use. So try not to twist too much up, as you won't be able to cover the lid later.



You can use it like pencil eyeliner, the color is great. One application already gives you beautiful pigmentation. Here comes a simple comparison by Koji, MAC and Kate eyeliners. Since I don't remember the name of the Kate eyeliner, I took a picture of all three of them. As you can see, Koji one shows the most pigmented color. In fact, I only did one stroke with Koji and Kate ones, but MAC one is a bit too light, so I did several strokes...
 


A friend with oily lids asked if this eyeliner stays. I did a small test. Below is a picture of me right after I did my makeup, it was 3ish in the afternoon. Please just ignore my dark circle and big pores. (taken with cellphone, apart from the logo, nothing was photoshoped)


Then I went to hangbout with my friends. I admit that I am lazy, so I did no touch-up in between, this picture is taken some time around midnight.



My upper eyeliner didn't smudge at all. However, the one on my waterline was completely gone like any other eyeliner. I didn't have much expectation about this, so it was okay. To be fair, it did stay for approximately 2 hours before it melted. The eyeliner was easy to remove with makeup removal oil. I was very happy about that. I asked my friend's opinion as well. She is also happy about this eyeliner, so I assume people who are new to makeup should be able to handle this eyeliner as well. A point to note though, if you want something creamy to be eye shadow base or you want to do smokey eyes with eyeliner, then this eyeliner is probably not the eyeliner that you should go for.

You can read my review about the color contact lens which I used for this look at http://laucuz.blogspot.hk/2013/10/one-day-delight-max-3-hydrationplus.html.

By Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment