Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Collagen by Watsons - hydrating and pore refining sleeping mask

I returned to Hong Kong in March to attend my cousin’s (Wendy’s brother) wedding. Due to the long flight and the change in humidity, my skin was very dehydrated and producing scary amounts of oil. My face was shiny within two hours of me leaving the house! I couldn’t last a full day with make up at the wedding like this! Luckily I had few days to try and emergency repair my skin. Wendy introduced me to the Watson’s sleeping mask. At first I was skeptical,it was a common pharmacy brand and only HKD 100. She said her make up teacher recommended it because it is suitable for all skin types. Decided to give it a try anyway.




The mask is a white translucent gel like consistency. It feels very soothing and hydrating when you put it on, and because my skin was so dehydrated it absorbed it in no time. I used it three nights in a row before bed. My skin instantly felt more plump and soft from using it, and it didnt produce as much oil! Also my pores seemed a bit smaller. A word of caution though, I returned to New Zealand and used it every other night for two weeks. I started noticing white bumps forming near my cheek bone area. I went for a facial and my beautician said I had lots of milia - basically dead skin cells trapped in the pores. She extracted them for me and told me not to use the product as frequent. So be careful! I will recommend once your skin feels hydrated again using it once a week. Overall it was good value for money and would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment