Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Vital Care vitamin E oil

Price mart is definitely a good place for bargain hunting. Vitamin E oil has been a trend overseas for quite some time. It is said to have anti-aging, moisturizing and protective properties. Also it is said to smooth scars and marks - sounds like a super vitamin doesn’t it! I have been to the shops Bonjour and Sasa which only sell Vitamin E pills for ingesting. Recently I have finally found vitamin E oil at Price mart.

 The vitamin E oil is 120ml, and costs around 30 something HKD (sorry I have forgotten how much exactly). The ingredients are vitamin E and mineral oil. According to the label on the bottle, this oil can be applied day and/or night. How I use it is to mix this oil with my regular body lotion - I don’t apply it on my face.

 It is quite hard to control the amount that gets poured out of the bottle though because the bottle opening is rather large. The texture and feel of the oil is like any other oil.



I think it definitely is moisturizing, especially on dry areas like the elbows and knees. However I am not sure about the anti-aging and reduction of lines because I am not using it on my face. If you are prone to pimples, then I advise you not to apply the vitamin E oil on your face. This is because the texture is quite thick, if you apply it day and night your spots will definitely appear. Also I have seen on pinterest people using vitamin E oil to cure cracked heels. It seems like it does work! This is quite an economical option, only costs one cup of Starbucks. If you have cracked heels you can try the following: soak your feet in hot(ish) water for 10 minutes to soften the dead skin first. Then use a pumice stone or one of those feet files to remove the dead skin. Wash your feet then apply the vitamin E oil. Repeat in a week. The photo below is a before/after photo from pinterest.



My mom has used a similar method to get rid of her cracked heels, but instead of vitamin E oil she applied a cracked heels lotion bought from Sasa. I reckon the results are similar, but the lotion is more expensive. Hopefully I have helped those who want to have pretty feet for wearing sandals in the summer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment